The Equanimity Project® Australia
A passionate and purposeful group of lived experience individuals…
who will create and implement an interconnected resolution for two female cohorts facing physical, welfare and emotional stress in society today and eliminate the repetitive cycle experienced by women and to abolish the disparity of discrimination and provide an equitable way of life.
An Australian-first initiative that aims to reduce Domestic Abuse and alleviate Homelessness.
Through implementing a cost-effective integrated housing solution and long-term support services we will change the societal landscape to benefit society.
We Have The Ability To Create Change
To take painful truths and change them, channelling our efforts into good solid empowering solutions.
To build, connect, inspire and educate communities to be progressive and impactful towards enriching the safety, security and welfare of women in society.
- To “rock the boat” and alter the Australian societal landscape through the provision of accommodation solutions to women escaping domestic and family violence, whilst also substantially lowering the risk of homelessness in women by means of financial endowment and social purposefulness.
- To promote and foster positive attitudinal and behavioural change toward the elimination of violence and risk of homelessness in the Australia community.
- To provide transitional housing, emotional support, and a diversified continuum of services focused on safety, empowerment, and self-sufficiency.
- Through community partnerships and participation, to raise the awareness, provides services, and educate community members about domestic violence and homelessness and how to prevent both.
The Equanimity Project® is a national scheme, and at the same time, relies on a bottom-up approach in harnessing and working within communities, services, and jurisdictions. To resolve an issue that is embedded in the community, we need to start within the community and provide the relevant support to resolve the issues.
By definition: The Equanimity Project® works everywhere and involves everyone. It operates equally in metropolitan areas where high housing prices make it harder for women to live alone and in rural areas where there is a lack of Domestic Abuse services.
The Equanimity Project® represents a:
- holistic approach involving a continuum of interdependent and interlinked strategies.
- whole-of-population initiative that addresses communities.
- change in the trajectory option for individuals and communities.
- primary prevention project that targets the whole population and inevitably reaches those who are already experiencing violence or who are at risk of escalation.
- resolution whilst government and institutions target shifting attitudes and practices in society.
- community integrated system with prevention alternatives and mechanisms to stop or hinder early signs of violence and escalation, preventing a recurrence and reducing longer-term harm.
- society-wide message that there is an alternative and violence is not acceptable.
With an increase in health, economic and social costs to women and the community, it should now be a matter of urgency to reduce the risk and deliver a solid, community supported initiative to resolve this societal humiliation.Whilst the rest of the world is talking about making reducing violence everyone’s business, The Equanimity Project® Australia is leaning in, digging deep and stepping out of the box.
The Equanimity Project® will connect communities and create a framework of opportunity where resolution “becomes everyone’s business”.
Become a Leader for Change in Your Community
Connected communities create a framework of opportunity where resolution “becomes everyone’s business”.
Thinking of Volunteering or becoming a Community Advocate, then we would love to hear from you. All you need is passion to lead the charge for change.
Become a Nurture Carer
Do you want to help another woman whilst helping yourself?
Do you live alone?
Do you ever feel lonely?
Having Financial stress?
Can’t find fulltime work?
Then consider being part of an Australian first initiative. Change the landscape for the welfare of women in Australian society.
All enquiries are strictly confidential.